Spinach and Feta Quiche
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 12 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup milk
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 10 ounces chopped spinach
- 6 ounces feta cheese with dried basil and tomato, crumbled
- 4 ounce jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 frozen deep dish pie shell, slightly thawed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large skillet, saute onion and garlic in butter, approximately 5 minutes or until just soft. Remove from heat.
- Stir in 6 oz cheddar, the feta cheese, mushrooms and spinach. Mix well; place into pie crust.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour over spinach mixture, poking holes to allow the egg mixture to seep inches.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Top with the remaining cheddar, and continue baking for 40 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.