Prosciutto Wrapped Feta
- 3 thinly-sliced pieces of prosciutto
- 2 ounces feta cheese
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Optional: a few leaves of fresh sage, mint, basil or oregano
- With a sharp knife, cut a slice of prosciutto into rectangular strips about 1″ x 2″ (3 cm x 5 cm).
- Cut the feta into bâtons approximately the same width as the ham slices.
- Make thin slices of a few leaves of a fresh herb, if using.
- Take a piece of feta, rest it on the narrowest edge of a rectangle of prosciutto along with a sliver of herbs, and tightly it up, pressing it to make sure it stays together.
- Set the roll in a dish, and continue, using the rest of the prosciutto and feta.
- Once finished, douse the rolls with enough olive oil so that they’re saturated and nearly fully immersed in the olive oil.
- Serve, or refrigerate until ready to serve. If refrigerated, let come to room temperature before serving.