Fried Feta With Honey And Sesame
- 9 ounces feta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 ounces flour, enough to coat the feta
- 4 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 4 tablespoons honey
- Olive oil for frying
- To prepare the fried feta, start by cutting the feta cheese into little blocks, about 1.5 cm thick.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and beat with a fork. Into another bowl add the flour, the paprika and the pepper and mix with a spoon, to combine the ingredients. Into a third bowl, add the sesame seeds.
- Roll each piece of feta into the eggs, then roll into the flour. Roll each piece again into the eggs and then in the sesame seeds, so that all sides are covered.
- Heat about 6-7 tbsps of olive oil into a frying pan, just enough to cover the bottom of the pan and fry the feta until nicely colored. Use a slotted spoon to flip the fried feta, so that it is nicely colored on all sides. When done, place on some kitchen paper to absorb the extra oil.
- In the meantime, warm the honey into a saucepan, or the microwaves, until liquid.
- Serve the fried feta while still hot with a drizzle of honey.