Feta Cheese Cornbread
- 2 cups crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups yellow cornmeal, preferably stone ground
- 3/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and butter a 9-by-13 inch baking pan.
- Combine the feta, sour cream, eggs, milk and melted butter in a large bowl and mix well.
- combine the dry ingredients and stir into the feta mixture; let stand 15 minutes, covered.
- Spoon the batter into the pan and bake until light golden and firm to the touch, 35 to 40 minutes.